Tuesday 17 November 2009

25 and it is getting bigger..

I am at 25 weeks and 4 days, and I went for my routine midwife appointment.

It goes well, so far. We listen the baby heart beat and my lil'B is moving a lot these days. He is even moving when the midwife used the fetal Doppler to check his heart beat. So cute!

As usual, I brought in my urine sample for screening. They found that I have protein in my urine and need to be sent to the lab for tests. I hope there is nothing complicated. My blood pressure is normal, my weight gain and BMI are normal. My midwife said nothing serious so I pray hard that this is not a sign of pre-eclampsia :(

Earlier on GBS was found in my urine, Group B Streptococus (GBS), my GP prescribed some oral antibiotics for me and it went all clear. I have also done lots of research online about GBS and it is said that it can come and go, with or without symptoms. This is quite difficult, and I have got this high alert GBS sticker on my pregnancy notes. Not just one sticker, there are three stickers in the whole notes! I am worry that I will not be able to have a natural vaginal birth. GBS can affect the baby during birth and this is something I am so worry for a while.

Here are some useful websites about GBS:

Group B Strep Support

Group B Streptococus from BabyCentre

Group B Strep Facts




No comments:

Post a Comment