Friday 21 August 2009

Antibiotics

I got a called from my GP office to ask me to go to get some prescription of antibiotics. Apparently, they have tested my urine and found that I have got some infections. GP said the course of antibiotics will help me to get rid of the bacteria infections.

I went to the GP anxiously and got my prescription. Unfortunately, he prescribed some Penicillins to me. In my pregnancy notes, there is a column highlighted that I am allergy to Penicillins and cannot take any of those. When asked whether the infection would be harmful, the GP said it is common and as long as I complete the course of the antibiotics, it will be cleared. The GP also mentioned that if it is not treated properly, it would be harmful to the newborn during the birth! He did not tell me the name of the infection, and I feel that I need to call my midwife and find out more.

I had to go back the next day and see my GP. What a waste of time...It would be such a big deal if I did not read the labels and started taking the antibiotics. So the next day, I was given another type of antibiotics, and I will need to take the pills for three weeks.

Let's hope it is something minor and would not affect my pregnancy. Let's pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment