Friday 27 November 2009

3rd trimester, yay!


How time passes quickly. I am already in my third trimester. What a journey.

From the day that I held a positive home pregnancy test in the toilet and cried with joy, to my first antenatal appointment, to my 12-week scan, and then my 20-week scan, numerous blood tests and urine tests, I am now more than half way through. It is indeed a good excuse to celebrate!

The bump is so obvious now, and the pregnancy glow boosted, I have only just started to experience mild back ache, I have had two leg cramps so far, zero morning sickness during my first trimester and let's celebrate before the stretch marks start to crawl on to my bump and leave me horrified! I am still rubbing lots of cocoa butter and bio oil to my bump every day, with the hope that stretch mark will not appear (such high hope) ! Now, with the growing bump, the dark line on my tummy which is called the linea negra has darkened. I am also glad to know that the line will fade away after birth.

I am still reading pregnancy related magazines, books and websites. I am still amaze and awe by small facts about my baby's week-by-week progress as documented in books. I actually love discovering the week-by-week development. I am also reading more other topics, such as birth and breast feeding. This is such an exciting journey, and I am learning new things every day. Life is, simply beautiful!




No comments:

Post a Comment