Saturday 29 August 2009

Chinese Superstitions!

We are moving in a few day's time.

Friends and family (chinese friends) advised us not to move at this time, as I am pregnant, and it is also the seventh month in the lunar calendar. It is all about Chinese superstitions and old wives tales. Being a Chinese, I did feel quite reluctant to arrange the move during this time, whereas Sugar is more relaxed and he follows logic, not superstitions.

Nevertheless, I have looked up electronic Tung-Shing from the internet to make sure that the date is suitable for the move. It is more like for peace of mind rather than being nagged on by the old parents.

Old parents have warned me about some tasks that a pregnant woman should not do, eg, do not nail, do not carry heavy stuff, do not get too involve and also do not show my face when heavy furnitures are moving into the house. I am going to do just that, and Sugar and his mates are going to do all the hard work. My jobs are packing my own stuff and label the cartons....

We continue with our plan and make sure I do not get over tired and over-stressed with the move. Little B is sure to do fine and I bet little B will feel as excited as daddy and mummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment